All the internet users in a day atleast use Google to search the information over internet. Generally the information seeker will click on the first link of the first search page.
I like the Google Search Page because its simple and easy to use. Lets start gooogling, so do perform following steps.
|Google Home Page|
- Enter your search topic or words in the textbox.
- Now are the two buttons below the text
- Google Search : On click of this button, within few fracations of seconds Google will submit you the list of links as per your search words submitted in the textbox.
- "I am feeling lucky" button on the text box will take you to the first link on the first search result page.
- Google's main search invisibly combines search terms with the boolean construct "AND". When you enter smoke fire - it looks for smoke AND fire.
- To make Google search for smoke or fire, just type smoke OR fire.
- Instead of OR you can type the | symbol, like this : smoke | fire
- Boolean connectors like AND and OR are case sensitive. They must be upper case.
- Search for a specific term, then one keyword OR another by grouping them with parenthesis, like this : water(smoke OR fire)
- To look for phrase, put them in quotes : "there's no smoke without fire"
- Synonym search looks for words that mean similar things. Use the tilde symbol before your keyword, like this: ~eggplant
- Exclude specific key words with the minus operator, new param -ebay excludes all results from eBay
- Common words like I, and, then and if are ignored by Google. These are called "stop words"
- The plus operator makes sure stop words are included. Like: fish +and chips